Parents: Lead by example
Between Valentine’s Day and National Women’s Heart Health Day, February is a month that celebrates the heart.
- Damage to the heart causes many problems including heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes. Fruits and vegetables help protect you from all of these diseases.
- High blood pressure is a common cause of heart disease and stroke. Fruits and vegetables can help lower your blood pressure, and protect your heart.
- Diabetes increases the likelihood of heart problems, so you keep your heart healthy by preventing diabetes. You can help prevent diabetes by eating daily servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Parents – Lead your family by example and keep fruit readily available for a snack and provide a piece of fruit as a snack for your children’s lunch.
- Parents – Make sure that a vegetable is always part of your family dinner. Create a good habit today that will last a lifetime.